Monday, November 3, 2008

Iowa

This past week was a rough one as I had to bury my Grandma Devol.  She was an amazing lady and someone that cared about others deeply.  She was an integral part of my close family and someone who will be missed greatly.  Her memorial and burial was held in Des Moines, Iowa, her hometown.  My parents did an amazing job of organizing everything, following my Grandmothers wishes, and making it possible for the entire extended family and friends to spend time together.  It was really good to meet many extended family members that I had heard about over the years and reconnect with family that I hadn't seen for years.

I'm back in Portland now trying to organize my life.  I'm still working to find a new career, create a future for Julie and I, and make ends meet now.  I'm also still working to increase my fitness, mostly through running.  I'm looking forward to spending some more time with the family and Julie back in Maryland around Thanksgiving.

No comments: