Friday, January 14, 2011

Update 2: Aug. 2010

August was mostly a recovery month for me from my crash and burn off Big Brother.  It was also CRAZY busy at the kayak shop!  The Outdoor Retailer show, my parent's visit, and Julie moving back to the East coast also made for a busy month.
(This is from the approach to the Salt Lake City airport on my way to the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market Trade Show.  This year I went again as a buyer for Next Adventure.)
(Deek, owner of NA, and Landis, owner of Wildwasser, overlooking the on water demo at OR.  I got to paddle a bunch of new watercraft and catch up with a ton of old friends.)
(This is a Lavender farm on the "Fruit Loop" outside of Hood River, with Mt. Hood in the background.  Mom liked this place.)
(Julie enjoying a stroll through the Rose Gardens.)
(It was awesome to have my parents come out for a visit.  They used to live out this way many years ago and it was cool to show them around my new home.)
(Dog Mountain Hike with Julie.  A fun steep climb in the gorge.)
(Julie taking in the views atop Dog Mountain.)
(NA does a beach day every year and this year we had some fun small surf and I taught both long and short boat surf kayak lessons.  Good turnout and good fun.)
(Luke and I with the NA van fully loaded with boats.)

No comments: