Monday, October 20, 2008

Sad to Say Goodbye:(

(This is my Grandma Devol kissing me on the cheek the night before she passed away.)

The really sad news this week was the passing of my Grandmother.  She was an absolutely amazing woman and the best Grandmother anyone could ask for.  She cared for people so deeply and tried to help anyone and everyone she could.  She passed away this past Friday morning in her sleep.  Her standard of living was going down considerably because of numerous health issues and she is now in a better place and not in pain.  I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to spend the past two weeks visiting with her and letting her know how much she is loved.  Most of the important people in her life had a chance to show her their love and admiration over the past few weeks.  Memorial services will be in Des Moines, Iowa next Monday.

I am currently back in Portland and have been working hard the past two days doing Skagen watch merchandising in the area.  I'm still looking for full time employment, but haven't been getting any luckier on that front lately.  On the positive side I'm super excited to have Julie coming for a visit this week.  She'll be here Wednesday morning and then leaving Sunday midday.  I will be flying out to Iowa at the same time.

My love and thoughts go out to my amazing parents.  I can only strive to be as good a son as they have been to their parents.

No comments: