Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The "Next Adventure"

Sorry about no pics and the late posting.  I've been feeling sick for over a week now and I managed to mess up my lower back, probably a pinched nerve, last weekend while kayaking.  Besides my body falling apart a lot has happened over the past two weeks.  I haven't been running much, because of the health issues, but I did mange to get out snowboarding twice and kayaking once.  I'm really enjoying playing in the snow again!  I also managed to secure a job at Next Adventure, the alternative sports store here in Portland, and started work yesterday.  The shop has products for almost all the outdoor sports that I enjoy and they are known for their crazy closeout deals.  I'm working in the paddlesports department and trying to apply my knowledge of the industry to the retail level.  Everyone at the shop are friendly and really passionate about enjoying the outdoors.  I'm trying to adapt to working a regular scheduled job again at the retail level.  This is a big change from my crazy adventures over the past 7 months or so.  The other big news is that plans are now in place for Julie and I to be living together in April.  Julie is planning to go to grad school in Portland to become a high school english teacher.  We are both working on plans to be back in MD around Easter and move our belongings out to Oregon.  I'm looking forward to a more structured life and one in which Julie is a major part of everyday life.  Many things are still in the planning stages, but the next few months will see lots of changes that are all meant to provide Julie and I a quality life together.  Stay tuned:)  Peace.....

1 comment:

Sarah and Justin said...

Congrats Bryon on the job and Julie coming to OR! We'll be out there in August so we'll definitely be paying you a visit. Oh... and if it makes you feel any better, Justin threw out his back at work on Thursday lifting something. It made him feel better to hear he wasn't alone :) We're all getting older...

~S