Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Breaking in the New Year


(Aaron and friends at North Beach on MCBH.)

I made it into the ocean 3 times this past week. I surfed on North Beach on the Marine Corp base and absolutely got my ass handed to me. Some of the sets were double overhead high and all the waves only had 9 sec. periods between them. I made it out through the break once and then just got hammered over and over until I clawed my way back onto the rocky shoreline. Julie and I also made it up to the North Shore and surfed at Haleiwa in 4ft surf. The big news is that I finally got a kiteboard setup. I got it Thursday and took it out to Kailua Bay, but light winds prevented me from doing a whole lot. I did get one good pass with two planning jibs. I didn't stay up wind very well, so ended up hiking the beach, but that is all part of the learning curve. Sadly there has been no wind since then, and I mean NO wind! I have been running almost every day though and trying to get in shape.


(Me ready to launch my new North Rebel 12M kite.)

Work has been slow, but I'm working hard and making things happen. I also test drove a Porsche Cayman S today. That car is a blast to drive! Julie has been teaching tons of windsurfing lessons and generally keeping busy with work. Until next week...


(One of the many amazing kiters in Kailua Bay.)

No comments: