Monday, September 8, 2008

Surf Kayaking on the OR Coast

(Indian Beach, OR)

Overall this has just been another week.  I have been running a ton, preparing for the Portland Marathon on Oct. 5th, and searching for jobs.  I'm still sending in new applications and following up on old ones every day.  The job search is getting old fast and my funds are running dangerously low.  I've even contacted a few local car dealers to see about selling high end cars again!  Bills need to get paid one way or another:(  I managed to sneak in a short kite session as well as a mellow kayak during the week as well.

All the photos this week are from a trip on Saturday to the Oregon Coast to go surf kayaking.  A big group from Portland as well as Joe and I headed to Indian river and got some solid 7-9 ft. surf.  Joe and I spent more than 5 hours out on the water trying to catch all the big ones in our surf specific boats.  It was an exhausting day, but was well worth the long drive.  On the way home we stopped at this really cool old logging museum/restaurant.  The brownie desert is amazing and you might get a glimpse of Sasquatch while your there!

(The North end of Indian Beach)
(My first Elk spotting in OR, rite on the coast.)
(Joe spotted Sasquatch!)
(Sasquatch and I making a run for it!)

No comments: